JUNIOR FINANCE CLERK - Stellenbosch
12K - 13K
8 days ago
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Contract Type: Permanent
Appointment Date: ASAP
NB ENGLISH AND AFRIKAANS
Our client requires a Finance Clerk. The successful incumbent will be responsible for clerical and administrative functions such as customer and supplier services, recordkeeping, bank reconciliations and various other financial transactions.
• Process bank & credit card transactions and bank reconciliation.
• Debtors – issue invoices, reconcile accounts and follow-up on outstanding balances (debt collecting).
• Suppliers – capture invoices, reconcile accounts and follow-up on outstanding documentation.
• Verify correctness of Invigilators Summary.
• Administer Ad- Hoc Tasks.
• Preparing various schedules and summaries for the annual audit.
• Maintain the fixed assets register.
• Accuracy and Attention to Detail
• Good Communication Skills
• Deadline Driven
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Ability to work Independently and as a team
• Problem solving & decision making
• Fully bilingual in English & Afrikaans
• Educational requirements: National Senior Certificate.
• Diploma/certificate in Finance or Bookkeeping will be an advantage.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in a financial position.
Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the basic bookkeeping and financial transactions.
• Sage Pastel Accounting System (knowledge of other accounting systems would be advantageous).
• Proficiency in Ms Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
• Relevant creditors and Debtors experience.
• Business writing and Communication skills.
Please note: Preference will be given to AA / EE applicants