Junior/Graduate Structural/Civil Engineer - Somerset West
more than 14 days ago
Our Structural/ Civil Engineering firm is looking to appoint a junior/graduate Structural Engineer for our Somerset West Office to perform the design and detailing for various projects.
Applicants must have a BEng/Bsc/Btech in civil engineering. To fulfil the responsibilities of this role, the candidate must have 0-3 years of experience using computer-aided design software and BIM (building information modelling) software to produce designs and details of various structural elements. This is a collaborative position that requires advanced technical and analytical skills.
Engineers are expected to be detail-oriented, creative, and possess problem-solving skills, display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware, and have great communication skills.
Structural Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in structural design and inspections of the accurate construction of buildings.
• Create technical drawings and project specifications to ensure structural integrity.
• Ensure projects are up to code.
• Liaise with professionals such as architects and specialist engineers along with clients and contractors.
Structural Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
• BEng/Bsc/Btech degree in civil engineering
• Experience with AutoCAD, or similar computer-aided design software.
• Experience with BIM (building information modelling) software, such as Revit and Prokon.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication and IT skills