JUNIOR LABORATORY MANAGER - Polokwane
more than 14 days ago
21-10-2021 6:29:35 AM
JUNIOR LABORATORY MANAGER – CIVIL ENGINEERING
Management of a commercial laboratory which include people and laboratory management as well as client footprint growth
• Responsible for the laboratory day to day functioning and operations.
• To meet the needs and expectations of Management and customers by producing high quality and efficient work, in line with the Quality Assurance Policies.
• Direct all project related activities to ensure time schedules achieved and quality standards implemented.
• Train and obtain competence of all the testing activities in the laboratory to the ISO 17025 System.
• Maintain the Company QMS requirements & procedures.
• Maintenance and implementation of ISO 17025 Quality Management System as committed to by the Laboratory
• Assist in managing Branch Personnel
• Client Liaison
• Results orientated
• Responsible and resourceful
• Service driven & client committed
Qualifications and competencies:
Diploma / Degree (Civils/Materials) or related experience
• Experience in Civil Engineering Laboratory practices & working knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality Management Systems
• Thorough knowledge of Civil Engineering Materials Testing Activities
• Computer/MS office literate
• Able to lead and motivate Employees to high standards of excellence
Specific training or accreditations:
• Sound knowledge of related test methods as used in Laboratory SANS 3001 series
• Existing technical signatory – SANS 3000 series test methods – would be preferred
• Computer literacy (Excel intermediate)
• Ability to train and impart knowledge
• Good knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures and
• Clear Credit and Criminal checks
• Validation of Highest Level of Education
• Valid References
• Only South African citizenship