Junior Project Manager - Somerset West
more than 14 days ago
14-12-2021 7:14:14 AM
Reference: CDS 6195
Primary responsibilities will be to do Tenders. When Tenders are awarded, you need to plan, coordinate, and oversee operations on company projects. Your duties are to assist with timeline development, ensure production is on schedule, provide supervision from start to finish, and offer guidance to improve progress.
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment, and information
• Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes.
• Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives.
• Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
• Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve.
• Help prepare budgets.
• Analyse risks and opportunities.
• Oversee project procurement management.
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
• Work closely with the Project Manager and Technical Foremen
• Monitor working hours, over-time, plans and expenditures.
• Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g., contracts and terms of agreement)
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
• Liaise with suppliers and customers to resolve technical and quality problems.
• Collaborate with Purchasing, Production and Sales Departments.
• Must be a hands-on person and proficient in English & Afrikaans (Written / Verbal)
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Excellent computer literacy and strong working knowledge of MS Office
• Reliable and self-disciplined
• Ability to perform unsupervised tasks.
• Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
• Valid and unendorsed Code 08 driver’s license (own transport to and from work)
• Strong basic technical abilities
• A mechanical aptitude will be a strong advantage.
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Proven work experience as a Project Manager or similar role
• Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
• An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans.
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
• Strong working knowledge in reading and application of technical drawings (Auto Cad)
• Hands-on experience with project management tools