Lab Technician Building - Bedfordview
5 000 to 10 000
more than 14 days ago
Lab Technician (HEC2311)
Bedfordview / Sandton
R 5 000 to R 10 000 per month
• 2 to 3 years residential experience
• Previous experience as a lab technician in construction / property industry
• Experience in testing and proper record keeping of samples – bricks, building sand, cement, plaster sand etc.
• Ensure cube moulds are clean and well-oiled to prevent test material sticking to cubes.
• Ensure testing station is clean internally and information board is up to date.
• Ensure that actual containers transporting material from site to testing station is clean.
• Ensure that all equipment is clean and free of any contaminates that could compromise testing results.
• Ensure that building mortar samples for testing is correctly collected and transported to onsite lab for casting cube moulds.
• Ensure that plaster mortar samples are correctly collected for testing and transported to onsite lab for casting cube moulds.
• Ensure screed mortar is collected correctly for testing and transported to onsite lab for casting cube moulds.
• Ensure concrete ready mix and hand mix samples collected correctly and transported to onsite lab for casting mould.
• Ensure cement brick, building sand, plaster sand and screed dry samples are collected and sent to testing.
• Ensure that sample for wet trades are collected correctly and from live construction areas.
• Ensure test samples are traceable.
• Building mortar sample cubes to be dated and traceable back to block number and responsible brickwork Contractor.
• Plaster mortar sample cubes to be dated and traceable to block number and responsible plaster contractor.
• Screed mix sample cubes to be dated and traceable back to block number and responsible plaster Contractor.
• Ready mix sample cubes to be dated, Mpa noted and sample cubes to be traceable to supplier, block number and Contractor.
• Ensure all wet works are following proper mix ratios as per local building authorities or engineer specification.
• To ensure material being used for wet mixes are of proper quality for the intended purpose.
• To ensure the structures are being built correctly using proper building mortar.
• Ensuring the information board is up to date.
• All cube samples dates, mortar sample type, responsible Contractors, area collected and pick-up dates for offsite testing all need to be clear and understandable.
• The accurate record keeping and admin functions for all the responsibilities listed must be added.
• Maintaining the cement stores.
• Check material specs of items delivered to site such as tile adhesives that the tilers are using, roof sheeting and timbers specifications.
Closing Date: 10 September 2021