Legal and Compliance Executive - Sandton
more than 14 days ago
Legal & Compliance Executive | Financial Services (AA/EE)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced legal mind to take on a Legal & Compliance role. Our client is fast growing and innovative insurer, with a European parent company.
You will oversee corporate and commercial law operations, and be responsible for ensuring compliance with the best corporate and legal practices and ensuring effective corporate governance practices.
You will meet the following minimum criteria:
• LLB Degree or similar Law related Degree.
• At least 8 years of post-admission experience in corporate & commercial law required
• 3 plus years of legal or compliance management experience within the financial services or insurance sector is required
• At least 2 - 3 years of leadership experience at a senior or executive level
• Prior experience on regulatory & governance committees or forums preferred
• Excellent contract drafting and legal analysis experience
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing expert legal advice to EXCO or any other executive sub-committee on the ideal conduct of business as prescribed by all relevant legislation.
• Involvement in short and long term strategic planning initiatives and projects
• Management of legal risk to ensure that all legal risks are identified, analysed, monitored, reported on, quantified where possible and managed on a consistent basis
• Ensuring that the Company complies with all applicable laws, legislation & regulations (i.e., Insurance Act, FAIS, FICA, POPI, BBBEE, EE, Income Tax, etc)
• Collaborating with other stakeholders, i.e., risk management and internal audit to ensure compliance risks are identified and appropriately mitigated.
• Responsible for the drafting of all documentation required by the regulators, i.e., Prudential Authority, SARB and FSCA for new business licences, amendments to existing licences, new applications and notifications etc.
• Providing work leadership and functional advice to the legal and compliance department.
? Location: Cape Town or Johannesburg
? Strictly AA/EE opportunity