Legal Counsel - Atlantis
more than 14 days ago
30-09-2021 4:46:56 PM
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced admitted attorney to take on a Legal Counsel role for a Global Manufacturing firm.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the best corporate and legal practices and ensuring effective corporate governance practices.
You will meet the following minimum criteria:
• LLB Degree or similar Law related Degree.
• Must be an admitted attorney or advocate of the Bar (non negotiable)
• Postgraduate diploma/certificate or master’s degree in law or business is highly desirable
• 5+ years’ post admission experience in a reputable legal firm OR
• 5+ Experience in a similar role as in-house legal department of a multi-national corporate and international work experience
• Good communicator both verbally and in writing
• Good understanding of applicable company and industry legislation within Southern Africa and application thereof
• Excellent contract drafting and legal analysis experience
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing high quality legal and related advice/analysis on all areas of company business.
• Drafting, interpreting and negotiating company contracts, letters, filings, and other documentation.
• Ensuring implementation and adherence of all relevant Company policies (e.g. Anti-Corruption, Data Compliance, Anti-Money-Laundering, Antitrust and Social Compliance etc.)
• Coordinating the implementation and maintenance of an effective
• Conducting general legal research, draft legal opinions and provide legal advice to the Group in respect of commercial, corporate matters, as well as regulatory and compliance matters including data protection (POPI & GDPR) and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment.
• Performing the function of the Company Secretary, administrate the Risk committee and the Social and Ethic Committee etc.
• Monitoring changes in regulation (supported by external legal counsel where necessary), and identifying areas of compliance regulation that may impact on the business at either a local or a group level.
? Location: Atlantis, Cape Town (Western Cape)
? Closing Date : 13 August 2021
Take the next big step in your career and join a leading production / manufacturing company with a highly reputable brand.