Logistics Operations Manager - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
Operations Manager (Automotive Warehousing / Logistics)
We are urgently recruiting for a passionate and dynamic Portuguese speaking Operations Manager to manage all operations within the Logistics/Warehousing and Automotive space for an International Warehousing and Distribution Company in Johannesburg.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Degree/Diploma) in Warehousing, Logistics, Management, Operations or similar
• Solid previous experience of managing the operations of an Automotive Warehousing / Logistics / Distribution Division
• Budgetary and financial skills.
• Employee Relations and Conflict Management skills.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures, Requirements and Legislation.
• Ability to motivate a large team, schedule tasks and prioritize actions, allocate resources effectively, delegate tasks and manage projects.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Computer literate – SAP an advantage
Key responsibilities will also include:
• Ensure company policies and procedures in place and adhered to at all times – regular audits to be conducted and reported on.
• Ensure that return on assets (manpower and equipment are maximized)
• Ensure that Health & Safety requirements are complied with.
• Ensure appraisals are formally conducted annually with informal quarterly reviews with all staff
• Ensure headcount is monitored and controlled within budget
• Ensure all employee issues are handled according to company procedures
• Confirm and sign off all temp/contract staff invoices on a fortnightly/monthly basis
• Provide headcount statistics on a weekly basis
• Ensure staff committees meet and minutes are provided
• Monitor all distribution efficiencies and ensure corrective action taken where necessary.
• Constantly keep updated with transport trends, ensure the most cost effective solution is utilized.
• Monitor customer service levels to ensure that required level is achieved.
• Negotiate with contractors on rates and utilization as required.
• Ensure that fleet is optimized and maintained on a regular basis.
• Monitor fuel usage on a monthly basis.
• Handle customer queries as required.
• Ensure that all functional efficiencies are reviewed daily, weekly and monthly and that corrective action is taken where appropriate.
• Assist Principals during depot visits.
• Ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained.
o Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Pretoria
o Offer: Market related salary plus benefits
o Candidates must have SA ID (and speak Portuguese)