LOGISTICS/STOCK CONTROLLER - Port Elizabeth
more than 14 days ago
23-05-2022 9:21:07 AM
Logistics/Stock controller (in security industry)
A technical product background is required
Quick summary of PE Branch
We are a successful and profitable branch
Fantastic team that acts like a family – we all look after each other.
Great atmosphere where everyone is proud of the part they play in our branch’s success
Everyone knows exactly what is expected from them and always deliver their best. We are dedicated and finish all our duties on a daily basis – nothing gets left for the next day.
We operate efficiently where everyone plays multiple roles for example all sales personnel will also do their own technical support and customer training – this creates stronger bonds with our customers.
Duties – 3 parts
Part one - Logistics
• Daily stock checks for all sales orders and procurement of stock from Tarsus, other branches, local suppliers and Hik-local if required.
• Understanding which items always need to be in stock and topping up as required.
• Dealing with local suppliers on a daily basis for items like cable, IT supplies and other accessories required to complete daily sales orders.
• Part of branch stock forecasts.
• Dealing with clients – face to face and electronically for all logistical updates
• Dealing with couriers – book multiple stock collections per day and following up with stock destined for PE and clients.
• Monthly stock takes and reporting
Part two – labor intensive stock duties
• Receiving of all stock including containers
• Booking in of all stock
• Unpacking all stock onto correct shelves
• Packing all sales orders for daily courier collections
Part three – Repairs and warrant management
• Booking in all repairs
• Checking warranty status and communicating with clients
• Doing all repairs that does not require hardware spares
• Doing firmware upgrades
• Connecting to hardware with serial connection for reprogramming
• Shipping hardware repairs as they come in and staying in communication with clients regarding the status.
• Warranty swap-outs