Maintenance Fitter - Vanderbijlpark
more than 14 days ago
Our client, a Blue chip company based in Vanderbijlpark requires a Mechanical Fitter to provide mechanical services with a specific responsibility regarding:
Installing, repairing, fault finding, maintaining and upgrading mechanical/ pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
• Preferably person needs to stay in the Vaal Triangle
Qualifications / Experience
• Minimum N3 Mechanical Engineering Certificate
• Section 28 Mechanical Trade Test with minimum 5 years practical experience
• Section 13 Mechanical Trade Test with minimum 5 years practical experience
• Minimum 5 Years CNC Maintenance Experience
• Minimum 5 Years’ Experience with Induction Furnaces
• Minimum 5 Years’ Experience working on overhead Cranes
• Pneumatic/ Hydraulic Experience
To perform journeyman-level maintenance, operation, repair and overhaul of all plant equipment and related hydraulic and pneumatic systems: fabricate, install and retrofit related auxiliary devices: perform related work.
• Person work around heavy equipment, high noise, fumes, diesel fuel and solvents, and high voltage up to 11 000 volts.
• Also required working at elevated heights.
• Positions require incumbents furnish their own hand tools, night and off-duty call backs are frequent, Work irregular schedules and be on call.
• This position involves performing strenuous work and lifting and carrying objects.
• Also required to climb ladders, bend and stop.
• Shift work may be applicable
• Diagnose mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems in all equipment and machinery,
• Submit information for replacement parts;
• Repairs, overhauls, and rebuilds all plant equipment, machinery and new installations;
• Troubleshoots designs, fabricates, removes, repairs, rebuilds and installs mechanical devices on all equipment and machinery.
• Performs preventive maintenance and daily checks on all scheduled equipment and machinery.
• Operates equipment such as lathes, welders, cutting torches, hydraulic and mechanical presses.
• Be able to interpret sketches, blueprints and work orders, react upon any work request received.
• Comply with safety regulations
• Prepares specifications and requisitions for parts and equipment;
• Complete work orders and keeps track of maintenance logs; maintains and reviews catalog and product bulletins for equipment improvements.
• Comply with all company Safety standards and procedures, Comply with Occupational Health and Safety Act Regulations
• Responsible for, SAFETY HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT.
Communication – Use speaking and listening skills when discussing work matters with colleagues and managers. Where appropriate, give clear explanations to customers regarding faults found in equipment and repairs undertaken. Follow written instruction and procedures carefully and accurately.
Information technology – Use drawings and manuals containing technical information to assist with repairs and maintenance, and to identify and order parts.
Numeracy – Interpret engineering drawings and diagrams, graphs, symbols and tables contained within technical manuals. Use calculating and measuring skills when using a range of tools and instruments.
Problem solving – Decide on the most efficient way to complete each task and adapt methods in the light of experience.
Working with others – Work closely with colleagues and managers to agree team goals, and take responsibility for own work activities. (Team Work Capabilities)
• Good observation skills
• Logical and methodical approach
• Ability to make decisions
• Ability to work without supervision
• Helpful and courteous manner