Maintenance Team Leader - Pinetown
The Maintenance Team Leader supervises the work of a number of artisans and workers in the process plant and also does certain work himself.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Identify all critical equipment and keep an updated register with all calibration certificates.
• Ensure that all maintenance needs are met on site by processing job cards, work permits etc. as per procedures.
• Ensure that all procedures related to plant modifications, however small, are followed and fully documented.
• Ensure that all staff are adequately trained and motivated to achieve optimal performance in their areas of responsibility.
• Ensure that technical skills and cross training is continually upgraded so be able to promote from within.
• Plan and fulfil maintenance resource and budget requirements.
• Maintain costs within budget and minimize downtime.
• Actively seek to improve maintenance methods, whilst striving towards a planned maintenance system.
• Ensure that the OHS Act, NOSA, ISO 9000, Hazchem and permit standards are maintained and that all staff are fully trained in this regard.
• Ensure that all legal compliance requirements are met.
• To promote teamwork and co-operation, both within the department and with internal customers.
• To stand in for any sub-ordinate if and when required.
• To ensure that Housekeeping standards are maintained at all times, actively working at reducing waste generation and seeking ways to recycle material.
• Qualified Senior Millwright or Fitter
• 5 years’ experience in a chemical process environment as a Senior Millwright or Fitter
• Some previous supervisory experience
• Resident in or near Pinetown
• Ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work in a team
• Customer Focus
• R360k per annum