Manager Monitoring Control Centre - Pretoria
Manage the day to day activities of the Management of the Monitoring Centre, in conjunction with daily collaboration and liaison with the Service Providers and internal staff structures, to ensure optimal service provision to internal and external stakeholders.
Salary package is as follows:
Basic salary: R25 603 pm to R28 000pm
Car Allowance: R13 831pm
Petrol Allowance to cover km’s from home to work up to a certain limit.
Attendance bonus (equivalent to a week’s salary)
And other insured benefits
• The incumbent may be required to split shifts, long hours and during weekends and public holidays
• Grade 12 plus appropriate and recognized Tertiary qualification
• Minimum 3-5 years Operations experience in the transport industry environment of which at least two years have been in a management position
• Management and experience of working at a supervisory level within a Monitoring Control Room as well as with Electronic Fleet Management and Monitoring Systems is preferred.
• Computer literacy essential at intermediate to advanced level.
Functions include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the day-to-day activities of Monitoring Control Centre in accordance with operational schedules, targets and requirements.
• Monitor and measure the progress and attainment of set goals for the Control Centre.
• Prepare and make presentation iro the Monitoring Control Centre annual budgets. Monitor and control expenditure in area of responsibility.
• Allocate and oversee resources in accordance with operational schedules targets and requirements.
• Compile and maintain operational manuals/procedures and other relevant documentation.
• Liaise and communicate with system suppliers Netstar Bureau Centre and other relevant stake holders on all matters with regards to the
Management of the Monitoring Centre.
• Oversee the routine monitoring functions of the Supervisors and fleet controllers.
• Actively participate and oversee the training of Supervisors and Monitoring Controllers on Application software and other relevant operational
• Attend weekly BU and monthly Netstar project meetings.
• Ensure adherence to all Policies and Procedures within the Centre and company.
• Maintain and manage the Fleet Management Systems database for Putco and Netstar.
• Carry out random inspections on Monitoring equipment installations, repairs, de & re-installations and tag stocks etc.
• Ensure timeous recommendation and approval of Netstar Invoices.
• Carry out projects regarding the upgrading of existing and future systems and applications.
• Prepare and provide weekly and monthly Monitoring Control Centre reports, systems cost estimates and cost-benefit analyses
• Management of subordinates.
• Ensure compliance with IT Policies and Procedures in the use of all equipment (FTP site).
• Ensure that the required infrastructure and proper housekeeping, is maintained, within the Control Room.
- Knowledge of the passenger industry.
- Knowledge of the Company’s geographical operational areas
- Knowledge of the company’s disciplinary procedures.
- Knowledge of the budget compilation and management procedures.
- Knowledge of bus operations and traffic management procedures.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of Transport legislation
- Project management skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- People management / supervisory skills
- Communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Report writing skills
- Leadership ability
- Computer literacy
- Analytical skills
- Fairness in dealing with people
- Good work ethics
- Punctuality and focus on meeting deadlines
- Results driven
- Willing to work after hours when necessary
- Safety conscious
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- High learning potential