MANAGER TECHNICAL - Upington
more than 14 days ago
23-09-2021 9:05:03 AM
This well-established fast-growing group of companies in the logistics and warehousing sector with an equal opportunity policy, has the following vacancy in Upington
Manager: Technical (Transport / Earthmoving)
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, motivation and planning skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Qualified diesel mechanic
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to cope with pressure depending on work volumes.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Accurate and attention to detail orientated.
- Innovative, inventive and analytical, able to pre-empt and resolve problems with ease.
- Must be driven and energetic.
- Sound knowledge of earthmoving machines, front end loaders, excavators, reach-stackers.
- Sound knowledge of tyre management
- Strong administrative skills
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems
- Ensuring that workshop operational functions and implementation are effectively handled.
- Ensuring quality control on machines and equipment.
- Ensure all repairs and duties are performed as needed.
- Proactive problem identification of equipment & machine defects.
- Ensure all trailers and vehicles are roadworthy and comply with regulations of the Road Traffic Act.
- Manage information and elements as well as sufficient reporting.
- Maintain a sound working relationship with all departments.
- Ensure employee discipline and control according to company standards and requirements.
- Time management.
To apply send CV with reference OMMT before 11 September 2021