Maths Teacher - Johannesburg
Permanent (Starting date: December 2019)
Type of Business:
Education / School
R 24 000 pm
• To teach Math’s to groups of students from all abilities across Grades 8 –10.
• To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
• To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
• To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
• To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
• To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
• To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
• To deal with inappropriate behavior quickly and effectively according to the school behavior policy.
• To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
• To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
• To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
• To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
• To keep work areas tidy and well organized.
• To attend scheduled meetings in the Math’s Department and school.
• To work with colleagues in the Math’s Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of SVCS.
• To ensure that all work in the Math’s Department reflects the distinctive ethos of SVCS.
• To help develop Math’s resources for the school VLE.
• To participate in Math’s events such as trips and primary liaison.
Key Performance Area:
• Teach - Grade 8 – 10
• Curriculum support and well-equipped classroom
• Education Bachelor’s Degree
• Sace Registered
• Teach Math’s
• +2 years working experience in teaching Maths , Science and English after graduation
• Experience in teaching children with special needs.