Mechanical Engineer - Sasolburg
8 days ago
Our client, a World Class Manufacturing Environment company based in the Vaal Triangle has a vacancy for a dynamic Mechanical Engineer with the following:
Design and implement new mechanical equipment and project manage installations. All activities, roles and responsibilities are aligned to the world class (manufacturing) philosophy, principles and practices.
• Matric (Maths and Science)
• BSc Mechanical Engineering
• ECSA – Pr. Eng. (Will be an advantage)
• Six sigma green belt will be an advantage
3 - 8 years Industrial / Manufacturing Experience
• Prevent occupational and process safety incidents by implementing integral safe design principles.
• Conducting risk assessments for tasks and process deviations.
• Facilitating Design Reviews, risk assessments and Hazop Studies to minimise risks of new projects.
• Find root causes and mitigating actions to prevent/eliminate safety incidents.
Drive high performance targets with the team:
• Process development and mechanical design.
• Driving focused and continuous improvement.
• Review expense report and correct deviations.
• Correct performance deviations.
• Communicate progress to performance indicators to all levels.
• Identify process deviations, their root causes and take corrective action.
• Ensure reliability of processes.
• Managing costs according to budget.
• Providing technical support to production facility.
• Equipment sizing, procurement and Commissioning.
Effective project and team management:
• Frequent engagement with Production and other relevant stakeholders.
• Resource & Project Management.
• Factoring safety risk, maintenance costs, capital expense into plans.
• Procuring equipment, instrumentation, piping and valves.
• Testing control loops.
• Team member in Pre, cold & hot Commissioning.
• Responsible for BEP and managing EPC for project.
To ensure quality adherence:
• Monitor and take corrective action on reliability issues.
• Ensure projects undertaken are executed to specified standard and with excellence.
Excellent & systematic administration:
• Proper written communication and interpretation.
• Preparing papers on Capital expenditure requests detailing financial costs versus benefits for projects.
• Writing reports, preparing presentations, creating graphs from data (data reporting), Sending emails, running meetings, text, social media savvy.
• Familiar / Competent in Microsoft Office
• Competent CRS Payroll Solutions
Core Behavioural Competencies
• Decision making
• Work standards
• Motivation of self and others
• Integrity and trust
• Communication skills
• Planning and organization
• Stress tolerance
• Motivation of self and others
• Building relationships
Functional / Technical Competency
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Facilitation / Meetings
• Chairing Disciplinary Enquiry
• Project Management
• Effective Change Management
• Brand Knowledge
• Conflict Management
• Product Knowledge
• Root-cause analysis
• Excellent Customer Service
• Functional Integration
• Drive for Results
• Strategic Agility
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Motivating Others
• Articulate communicator
• Good collaborator
• Good listener
• Good meeting etiquette
• Process knowledge
• Technical expertise
• Leadership skills
• Problem solving
• Critical thinking
• Equipment knowledge
• SHEQ knowledge
• PSM knowledge