Media Buyer - Cape Town
The Media Buying department is responsible for managing all the self-serve traffic platforms to acquire users for Basebone’s product portfolio. It’s responsible for the assigned media buying investment budget in accordance with the growth plan. Through expertise in media buying and excellent business relations the department must operate with the best conditions to exceed the minimum target ROI while spending the maximum investment budget.
Media Buying works side by side with Managed Accounts, Creative, Ad Tech and Business Intelligence departments and report to the Head of Advertising to continuously reach acquisition objectives.
This position demands a highly communicative and methodical person that is passionate and determined on achieving the department's acquisition objectives. Constant learning is required to keep up with up to date Media Buying knowledge and skills.
It´s a Maternity cover with a view to going permanent.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Creating and launching campaigns within MNO traffic inventory and programmatic networks.
• Optimising campaigns in order to achieve expected results in terms of performance and ROI.
• Seeking out new traffic sources and managing assigned campaigns as decided by the Media buying Team lead.
• Create long term relationship with traffic providers.
• Ensuring advertising investments are within KPI benchmarks as set by the Head of Advertising.
• Collaborate when necessary cross department with Managed Accounts department, Business Intelligence, Ad Tech, Creative, Compliance and Integrations.
• Keep up to date with Media Buying trends, techniques, tools and traffic sources.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3 year’s experience as a digital Media Buyer managing programmatic networks.
• 1 year experience MNO Ad trafficking and Ad Management.
• 1 year minimum of experience in performance-based marketing.
• Proven negotiation skills and high networking capabilities
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
• Private healthcare
• Half Fridays
• Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!