Medical Affairs Manager - Randburg
A leading global company has a vacancy for a Medical Affairs Manager.
• This position will be to develop, implement and execute short and long term Medical goals and tactics, with an emphasis on Pharmacotherapeutical aspects and with a understanding of Business priorities
• A strategic leadership role to provide Medical knowledge and Scientific update within the therapy areas for external and internal stakeholders & scientific information management and dissemination
• Lead the Scientific collaboration with selected healthcare professional (External experts) within the therapy area with the objectives of educational programs
• Competitor intelligence sharing with internal groups
• Internal training and maintaining scientific expertise within the cross-functional team
• Lead the development and roll-out of local Medical tactical plans
• Attracts, develops and retains experts within the therapeutic areas medical team
• Tactical planning and Internal Collaboration/Training.
• Plan implementation and Execution: Executes Medical Affairs programs according to the Integrated Brand Plan.
• Internal Training: Ensure high scientific knowledge of TA cross-functional Team members through training, face to face coaching sessions, and internal forums.
• R&D Consulting: Enhances the Clinical research of products by acting as an Advisor to internal or outsourced trials / studies undertaken on behalf of the company. Adds value to the research process by providing relevant feedback.
• Compliance: Knowledge and adherence the company’s Code of Conduct, Local laws and Regulations Policies, Procedures and systems related to Medical Affairs.
(Full spec to be supplied on application).
Degree / Education:
Preferably MD/PhD (specialist in the respective Therapeutic Area) with sound Clinical and Bench Research experience. Major / Focus: Medicine, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology.
A Minimum 2 years of Medical Affairs experience in Pharma Industry.
Excellent communicator, and cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to work in virtual teams
Analytical as well as project management skills.
Strong leadership skills, ability to manage a team and a strategic mind set.
Capability and will to coach peers, training and facilitation skills.
Advanced presentation and computer skills with expertise in literature identification and evaluation.
Highly motivated and capable to learn large amounts of scientific content which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion through letters and presentations.
Intellectual curiosity about the field of Science /Medicine for which they are responsible.
Ability to work effectively and share information within a team environment.
Excellent self-management skills and ability to adapt services provided based on customer needs.
Good understanding of business and commercial environment.