Medical Sales Representative - Durban
Salary: R20K + Benefits
Please Submit: Updated MS Word CV; RFL ALL Employment History Incl Current; Current Salary P/M
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Direct Sales Representative for the Medical, Pharmaceutical and Surgical industry. Experience in a highly pressurised & competitive environment essential. This is a permanent position based in eThekwini, Durban, Kwazulu Natal. Suitable for a junior medical representative, looking to join a diverse company with a large portfolio in medical equipments and surgical devices.
Duties & Requirements:
• Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
• Minimum of 3 years direct medical sales experience
• Position based in eThekwini, Durban, Kwazulu Natal, covering KZN South and inlands
• Proven sales track record in the medical industry
• Proven relationships with medical practitioners, doctors, nurses and hospitals both in the Private and Public sector will be advantageous
• Basic Salary: R 15,000, Car Allowance: R 4,500, Cell Phone: R 800 Excluding benefits & commission
• Own transport and valid driver’s license
Full Job Description:
? To achieve set targets (sales and market share): for allocated territory through effective coordination, allocation of customer base, and targeting strategies.
? High-level customer focus and service delivery by means of: Pro-active monitoring of all major competitors’ activities to drive counter strategies enhancing our market share penetration, in collaboration with functional head. Deliver a level of service that creates opportunity and one that enhances and fosters customer relationships.
? Cost control: Ensure high level of company compliance and drive all SOP requirements.
? Product knowledge: Attend all training sessions as and when required. To ensure personally, that all product knowledge is kept up to date allowing the ability to drive effective communication and sales training to all customers.
? Administration: Must be completed, monitored and kept up to date on a daily basis as per business requirements.
? Territory management: Amongst others; implement successful sales and follow up plans for existing product portfolio and the launching of new products in collaboration with functional head. Continuous development of the company customer database in allocated area including updating of all information available from customers in order to create an accurate database for ‘Purpose Driven, Class Leading ‘service delivery. Monitoring and managing own hand vs pull through orders.
? Ethical behavior: Build, nurture and maintain a team culture that provides one of accountability and passion for the company values.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Achievement of sales targets
• Implementation of the sales and marketing strategy specific to the relevant sales division / territory / customer segmentation for the relevant sales cycle.
• 100% achievement of both unit and value targets monitored on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Selling the relevant basket of products to our target market customers.
• Adherence to own hand sales target as well as regional sales targets per month.
• Sales orders consist of the following:
• Own hand sales – orders that are generated directly by the representative on their Repwise systems.
• Confirmation orders – orders that cannot be generated directly by the representative on their Repwise systems and is replicated onto Repwise system with an accompanying reference number and a copy of the order signed by the respective customer or branch manager.
• Focused customer service to be adhered to regarding;
• Compliance with all aspects of the Marketing Code of Conduct and company SOPs.
• Corrective action will be taken where deviation is noted.
• All customer queries are to be responded to within 24hours from first point of contact into the company
• Ensure adherence to all SOP’s with regards to promotional spending, country trips expenses and other such expenses
• Ensure all control forms relevant to any spend event are completed and submitted within the month of expenditure and authorized by your branch manager.
• All activities sponsored by the company must represent good return on investment and be in the best interest of the company.
• Completing a written test or verbal appraisal at least once a quarter as set out & arranged through the Company.
• Achieving no less than 80 % in any verbal or written test on product knowledge for existing or new products.
• Knowing all product pricing and competitor information and reporting all market intelligence monthly in a written report to your respective Branch Manager.
• All orders and relevant information must be entered onto Repwise system after each call as per SOP.
• Manual paperwork must be completed for any event when Repwise system is not functioning and reported to the respective Branch Manager.
• Weekly planning for the following week must be completed and entered into Repwise system by 08H00 on Monday morning.
• Country trips must be planned so that positive results and maximum sales can be achieved. County trips to be planned monthly, by the 1st of each month for approval by Branch Manager.
• All paperwork / admin / reports must be submitted timeously and deadlines to be adhered to:
• Petrol Reconciliation – submitted by the morning of the 2nd of every month.
• Monthly Planner – submitted by the last day of the month for the following month to your Branch Manager.
• All customer record cards must be completed and up to date after each call for all customers in the territory.
• Expected average call rate is 10-12 calls per day as per specified target market and company requirements.
• Ensuring coverage of 90% - 100% per month for all target customers.
• Frequency for A) customers is four times per month, B) customers twice per month & C) customers once every 6 weeks, or otherwise stipulated by the branch manager
• Check and maintain stock levels at all existing customers
• All active buying customers for each territory must be loaded onto Repwise and updated with any new relevant information on each call.
• Pharmacy / Dispensing Dr / Target customer training on relevant divisional products must be completed each month as planned by the Branch Manager and yourself.
• All database changes must be requested by the representative to the relevant sales support person for updates, as it is required.
• Adherence to weekly planner with all deviations to be reported on Repwise system daily.
• Awareness of the weekly tenders and quotations is required, collection and delivery of these tenders to the hospitals in the respective territories is mandatory.
• Country Trips to be planned once a month, where coverage of outer lying areas will increase customer reach and focus. The intention is to cover the entire territory and the relevant customers within.
• Always be honest and ethical in your dealings with all customers.
• Should the company name be brought into disrepute, disciplinary action will be taken.
• All employees must to be professionally attired and well presented.
• The incumbent is not authorized to:
• Set prices or in any way make changes to the existing price structures.
• Commit promotional or other company funds without prior approval.
• Issue statements to the press or other media on behalf of the company
• Implement product benefit claims and promotions for indications other than those appropriately authorized.
• Produce your own professional material and disseminate to customers
• Discuss any company sensitive information with any parties whatsoever
ABILITIES, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Computer Literacy (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Ability to travel
• Attendance to congresses or workshops is essential. This may include time outside normal office hours
• Matric required; Associate degree preferred
• Must be able to work a full day, 08:00 – 16:30
• Must be able to carry a small amount of stock for trainings and deliveries if needed
• Must be able to work under pressure and handle stress