Microsoft BI Developer - Sandton
- Purely data ETL and provisioning. No analytics, no application development.
- Full Microsoft BI stack: Strong SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS
- 3-4 years relevant experience in a complex environment (banking, retail, etc), with different technologies as input
- Past experience must be heavily weighted to MS SQL - large data loads require solid experience in MS SQL to attain acceptable levels of performance in SSAS through proper data engineering
- Experience with complex environments and large scale daily ETL is required
- Kimball methodology
- Using SSIS for job automation
- Load from many formats/technologies: Flat files (txt, csv, etc), Legacy DB (Sybase, DB2, etc), Different technologies (Oracle / MS SQL)
- Transformation and enrichment in staging with customer and product info
- Data provisioning:
• Provisioning the data into views, tables (push and pull), SSAS, SSRS (email / SharePoint)
• Self-service to end users through OLAP cubes (SSAS)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 5+ years programming experience.