MILLERS - Lichtenburg
Responsible for the overall milling process in an efficient and effective manner to guarantee the production of the best quality
maize meal within the set specifications.
• Ensure the efficient use of milling assets with the objective of maximizing plant availability.
• Ensure maximum capacity utilization of the milling assets as per design specifications.
• Proactive approach to downtime by analyzing and performing root cause analysis to all breakdowns to ensure that there
is no recurrence of the same issue.
• Liaise with the maintenance team for any preventative or repair work that must be carried out in the Mill by raising job
cards for such issues.
• Ensure that the Mill operates with the set extractions by management and finding ways of improving the extractions.
• Ensure that all milled products are within the specifications through continuous process analysis in the lab for moisture,
fat, Fibre and sieve analysis.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Mill is in a good state of housekeeping by conducting regular eye tests of the mill and
recommending to the food safety department on high risk areas. Checking on the cleaners on shift that they are cleaning
the mill and all cleaning check lists are completed.
• Ensure that all personnel with the Mill are complying with all SHE procedures and policy and maintaining a risk-free Mill
• Responsible for ensuring that the Milling Gain is achieved and maintained throughout the milling process.
• Ensure compliance throughout the milling process with all food safety procedures and regulations and the HACCP system.
• Responsible for ensuring upwards and downwards communication of all milling issues is well articulated to all involved.
At least 5 years’ experience in a maize mill.
• Experience in maize grading is a must.
• Qualified module 4 Grain Milling Qualification or level 3 with more than 5 years’ experience.
• Good knowledge of HACCP/ISO22000 food safety management system.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with good English verbal proficiency.
• Good Microsoft office skills for reporting especially in excel.
• Strong knowledge and experience in determining of Milling gain within the milling process