National Account Manager - Pretoria
REPORTS TO: Head of Sales
• Develop, Align and execute key customer plans and strategies to deliver the sales targets of the customer portfolio and the company as a whole
• Develop the short, medium and long-term sales plan to ensure the continued profitable sales growth of key customers
• Build and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholder within the customer base
• Manage all day to day sales aspects of key customers
• Assume full accountability for all sales and profit margins of key customers
• Provide feedback to the Managing director and Sales Executive keeping them aware of the company’s sales performance, the market, customers and competition
• Assist with technical competencies through New Business Development
• Develop and execute customer specific sales plans and strategies to attain the budget targets and company sales goals
• Develop and implement comprehensive action plans and milestones to ensure the achievement of the company's sales objectives and goals
• Execute against the approved sales and profit targets as per the budget
• Develop strategic plans to ensure cost-effective execution of the sales plans market development activities in line with budget expectations
• Develop the short, medium and long-term customer plan to ensure the continued profitable sales growth of the company through good project and pipeline management
• Research and analyse the industry, markets and competition to make informed strategic decisions
• Create initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce risks and maximise core strengths of the company
• Ensuring the product price lists are always current
• Monitor and report on sales performance goals
• Visit key customers to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
• Resolve all customer queries
• Work closely with procurement to ensure stock availability to execute against all sales orders
• Work closely with the warehouse staff to ensure that all orders are dispatched on time and in full
• Communicate frequently with suppliers regarding product orders and new product developments
• Prepare for all sales review meetings on a quarterly, monthly and weekly basis.
• Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company's continued growth
• Have enough technical knowledge to apply product to formulations
• Must be able to work under pressure and prioritise multiple tasks
• Computer literate.
• Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and resilient, but maintain a sense of humour.
• Self-disciplined and methodical, effectively managing time and resources available.
• Be keen to learn about the Company's products and to develop the skills and technical knowledge required for this role.
• A good communicator
• Conveys information clearly and with confidence.
• Displays a positive attitude and confidence in negotiating.
• Shows commitment to successfully resolving issues.
• Commits to teamwork and information sharing across departments.
• Degree in Chemistry/Diploma in Cosmetic Science or similar
• Min 3 years Sales Experience in the Personal Care Industry