New Business Sales Consultant - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
24-03-2022 8:12:29 AM
New Business Courier Sales Consultant – Cape Town
Salary: R25k+ Commission
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a New Business Sales Consultant from the courier/ road freight sector, or a candidate with strong sales experience and proven track record of achieving targets. The purpose of this position is to ensure that new business is brought on board in line with individual sales targets and the company’s sales
strategy towards revenue growth.
• Grade 12
• Relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous.
• 2 years’ experience in External/Direct Sales
• Drivers License, Own Transport
• 1-2 years’ experience in the courier/express road freight industry.
• As per the Company’s Employment Equity plan preference will be given to candidates (with
required skills & experience) in the underrepresented groups.
Skills And Knowledge:
? Sales courier experience or proven track record in a “hard sell” industry
? Computer literate. (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
? A clear understanding of Freight Audit Reports
? Excellent communication & client relations & service orientation skills
? Professional Presentation Skills
? Business development skills
? Proven track record of new business sales & client retention
? Attention to detail & follow up skills
? Administrative skills Strong
? Good planning & organizing skills
? Own transport – reliable and trustworthy
? Must be “NEW BUSINESS” – Hunting /Cold calling/specialist/ ability to work under pressure
• Manage the pipeline of opportunities from current and prospective customers to ensure that sales goals/strategies can be met.
• This includes qualification of opportunities within the pipeline, proper prioritization of activities, and management of time and commitments to ensure priority opportunities move through the sales cycle.
• Make use of the sales and prospecting tools provided - Matrix Marketing etc
• Close sales prospects, to meet sales goals/strategies and contribute to company profitability.
• This includes solution design and preparation of proposals, performing or coordinating presentations when necessary, and closing the sale as quickly, efficiently and independently as possible by applying a solution-selling methodology and properly managing the sales cycle.
• Complete all sales paperwork promptly, thoroughly and accurately, to ensure company profitability
and maximize our ability to deliver a high-quality solution and minimize potential problems or issues in service delivery or invoicing. This includes all new account documentation and sales reports.
• Ensure that MCS report/sales report is continually and accurately up dated with progress on prospects.
• Prospect, build and manage pipeline that are inline with the sales strategy at the time.
• Builds relationships with senior management in order to effectively serve the customer
• Frequently engage / communicate with account/customers
• Manage customer perceptions of services provided
• Ensure Standard Operating procedures are documented for all accounts over R50 000.00
• Ensure all accounts are handed over to Key Account Managers after 6 months of trading.
• Ensure all new business accounts are implemented timeously and effectively.
• Ensure that targets set out (subject to change) are achieved consistently – measured over a rolling 3 month period.
• Continually align sales efforts that are inline with the company Sales Strategies.