New Product Development Technologist - Cullinan
• Must have own transport
• Must live near Cullinan
• Degree - Consumer Science
• Meat / Fresh Food experience (technical), minimum 2 – 4 years
• Meat / Fresh Food experience (managerial), minimum 1 – 2 years
New Product Development
• Identify and develop new product initiatives in accordance to the Cavalier Group Strategy in the factory and butchery counters.
• Design and conduct new product trials, from concept to launch.
• Develop product specifications – raw material, final product and internal.
• Conduct the necessary trials and develop additional product documentation as required, i.e. cooking time verification reports, 4P documentation, Pack Copy (label) information incl. ingredient declarations, Internal NPD Requests etc.
• Stay abreast of, and ensure compliance to, the most recent legislation and customer specification requirements write product labelling across the Cavalier product offering.
• New products KPI reporting 6 weeks after product launch & continual sensory monitoring of products to ensure quality and profile is maintained.
• Training of production and quality teams to ensure product is manufactured according to specification.
• Preparation/make-up and timely dispatch of samples to customers.
• Execute relevant product trials aimed at improving existing products/protocols/ranges or new product initiates.
• Design project plans, communicate with relevant operational teams, capture data and compile reports.
Maintenance of internal product information system
• Develop and change internal product specifications (NPD Requests) as required.
• Submission of NPD Requests to the IT and Master Data departments and the verification of these updates to the operational system (i.e. BOM changes or tare weights).
Supplier and Raw Material Liaison
• Liaise and build strong relationship with suppliers, building on:
• Continual innovation, i.e. new flavours and product/process ideas.
• Compliance to raw material requirements (quality/procurement/availability/cost).
• Ensuring raw material is available for all trials and initial launch.