OBIEE Front End Developer - Roodepoort
- Create and maintain the end user applications, typically using off-the-shelf data access software or conventional query- and reporting tools.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
- Load and maintain the metadata for the data access tool.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Produce complex, efficient, error-free reporting solutions and related documentation.
- BI front end development on data structures, cubes, reporting, dashboards, etc.
- Strong Oracle BIEE development experience
- Data warehouse modeling skills is advantageous, in order to understand the data warehouse data models.
- A sound knowledge of SQL, or the language used to access the data warehouse from the access- or end-user reporting tools.
- A sound knowledge of the capabilities of the data access- and reporting tools, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the end user programs or reports.
- Keep abreast of new releases of these tools and work-arounds to overcome problem areas using these tools.
- Exposure to various BI front end applications, with working knowledge in at least one of them.
- Strong ability to analyse user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience with one or more of the industry standard databases desired.
- Attention to detail and strong logical reasoning ability.
- Good communication skills.
- Pride of work, thoroughness and attention to detail.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 2+ years programming experience.