Office Manager - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
One of the oldest architectural firms in South Africa with offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg is looking for an Office Manager to be based in Cape Town.
The role will provide management, coordination, continuity and oversight of the administrative functions and office facilities of the Practice with a support team of 4 people.
The ideal candidate is someone who can interact with people at all levels, is technologically savvy, flexible and a creative problem-solver.
* 5+ years’ experience managing administrative and facilities functions
* Supervisory/management experience with good knowledge of business operations,
facilities management, and administrative best practices
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Software experience:
- MS Office (word, excel, outlook, teams)
- Fresh Projects (nice to have)
- Excellent communication (written & verbal)
- Exceptional interpersonal & relationship building
- Problem solving & decision-making
- Multi-tasking and the ability to take initiative
- Good leadership abilities
- Excellent organisational abilities
1. OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
• Create and manage an annual office and
• Track professional licensing and memberships
for all staff, assist with renewal processes,
assist with corporate and individual
registrations and submit annual SAIA
• Manage inventory and ordering of office
supplies, consumables, business cards etc.
• Support CFO with annual budget and planning
• Assist with project scheduling coordination,
resource allocation tracking and staff
• Manage the ISO 9000 compliance process.
• Compiles tender submissions and maintains
the required suite of documents.
• Manages the electronic filing system and
keeps all Practice documentation and
proforma's current, including an active
• Assists with new staff induction and staff exit
• Custodian of the Practice and professional
insurances and maintains updated asset
• Keep abreast with current global best practice
procedures that will improve efficiency,
recommend and implement office procedures
• Keeps abreast with current legislation related
to the workplace, Health and Safety assists the
Compliance Partner maintain the Workplace
Risk Assessment document.
• Works with Practice Operations Partner and IT
Manager to update office floor plans/seating
charts for staff workstation changes, new
studio creation, and remodelling.
• Manages service provider and vendor
relations, contracts and invoices (i.e. security,
janitorial services, equipment,
phone/communication systems, leases,
maintenance and repair).
• Oversees SLA contracts for routine
preventative maintenance of facilities and
• Manages front desk, reception, administration
and facilities staff and contractors.
• Manages the administration teams’ transition
to hybrid working, Cloud-based systems.