Import/Export Specialist - Rosebank
The Operations Specialist will oversee and drive Orders in the Organisations' Supply Chain. The Operations Specialist is a key member of the Team, working closely with the Organisation's Traders, and reporting to the Operations Manager.
• To take ownership of trading contracts – acting as the main contact between suppliers and Customers: managing import/export contacts from inception to completion, and reconciliation.
• Receiving customer orders, and placing orders on Suppliers, establishing LC’s, applying fort FEC bookings, etc
• Overseeing shipments, and processing shipping documents, Clearing instructions, arranging Insurance, inspections, etc.
• Receipting cargo in the warehouse, and managing customer inventory levels.
• Managing deliveries to Customers, collecting PODs, and issuing Invoices.
• Reconciling contracts quarterly, and reporting on contract profitability.
• Handling day-to-day queries and issues.
• B.Com degree in Supply Chain Management, or similar, is preferred
• 5+ years of professional experience within a logistics/inventory handling role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization, and externally
• Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal and external customers
• Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills
• Ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically
• Experience in the films and packaging industry an advantage
• Experience in imports trading in Asia and Europe beneficial
• Experience managing Letters of Credit beneficial
• Experienced in INCOTERMs and logistics handling
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE:
• Highly committed self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility
• Outgoing and proactive. Able to deal with our customers in a professional, friendly manner
• Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and comfortable making decisions, and adjusting priorities and resources
• Forward-thinking attitude
• A juggler- likes to have multiple balls in the air