Order Processing Mechanical Engineer - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
Order Processing Engineer
The Order Processing engineer leads the Order Processing team.
His/her responsibility is to make sure that all orders are processed in a timely matter.
He/she verifies orders on completeness and correctness.
As an expert, this person is responsible for the engineering and coordination of large and complex orders.
He/she’s an important link between field representatives, engineering and manufacturing.
• Order Processing
• Is responsible for the follow up of all order processing metrics.
• Verifies the technical makeup of all incoming orders.
• Checks and processes change orders in order to review their technical accuracy and fit for purpose.
• Checks pricing.
• Verifies the sales commissions.
• Check all technical information.
• Controls the order process flow of international orders that require special coordination.
• Takes the lead in large projects and coordinates the effort between different departments.
• Coordinates, engineers and follows up large orders or specific complex orders.
Support and Expertise
• Makes sure that all Trough Put Times (TPT’s) are respected and overdues are followed up and eliminated.
• Collects and analyses technical information regarding product improvements and proposes solutions to the product development engineer.
• Provides technical assistance to the field sales force.
• Serves as a liaison between field representatives, engineering and manufacturing.
• Develop special information for internal use and procedure improvement.
• Assists in customer visits, plant tours and company presentations for both customers and representatives.
• Gives direction to a team of 3 people by coaching and supporting them in daily tasks
• As a technical expert, provides advice on product and quality improvements
• Is responsible for a team of 3 persons who report to him/her. The Order Processing Engineer coaches and supports them day by day
• The Order Processing Manager needs to build up good contacts with different stakeholders such as Purchasing, Field Representatives, Engineering and Manufacturing, Quality, Sales Force, and Customers.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• B Eng Mechanical or similar with some design or project management experience.
• Experience with heat exchangers or air conditioning an advantage.
• Has experience working with conflicting deadlines and liaising with different departments/stakeholders.
• Speaks and writes fluent in English,
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary.
• Knowing how to work with an ERP package is an advantage.
• Has strong project management skills: is good at organizing different projects at the same time and can handle detailed level as well as overall level.
• A pro-active problem solver who is continuously looking for improvements.
• A people manager who is able to motivate and coach his team.
• Is customer minded with an open but direct communication style, as well written as spoken.
• Has a strong sense of urgency in order to prioritize actions.
• Is prepared and able to acquire all necessary knowledge of relevant products.
• Works well planned and organized with eye for detail
• Is a real team player who takes ownership
• Can handle stressful situations by staying focused and accurate at all times – can oversee several projects at once and define the right priorities
• Is eager to learn and improve knowledge