Packaging/ Ink/ Lab Technician - Durban
Salary: R10k per month (including benefits) - Shift Position
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Junior Lab Technician, Shift position, candidates ideally from the non confirming materials, packaging or ink industry.
Purpose: To ensure that all relevant testing is done on materials in each process and to ensure that non conforming material is marked and reported in each process
Qualification Minimum Requirements:
• Matric is a minimum requirement and a Degree/Diploma in Chemistry or Polymer Science is desirable
• Own vehicle, this is shift position, with often extensive overtime
• In-depth knowledge of ink, plastics or packaging industry, in a previous lab technician role
• Personnel Computer assembly experience preferred - MS Office, Oracle
• Knowledge of ISO requirements including internal audits preferred.
• 1 year working experience (including in service training)
• Good interpersonal & Communication skill
• Good Team player & Co-Ordination Skill
• Knowledge of Quality Systems
• CTC will be in the range of R8000 – R10 000 CTC, netting around R7000 (this is excluding shift allowances & OT) R500 – R800 per month average
• It does however include medical insurance, pension, 13th cheque.
• This is a shift position so it will be 4D4O4N4O
• Must have own transport
• Must be willing to work extensive overtime as and when necessary
• Will report into the QA Manager
• Candidates who come from packaging / ink industry within a lab environment are first priority, position is available immediately
Responsibilities & Duties:
• To ensure that all relevant testing is done on materials in each process and to ensure that non conforming material is marked and reported in each process.
• To ensure that only A grade material is booked into stock and to ensure that production understand the process quality requirements at all times
• Incoming, In-process, and Final QC on all sub-assemblies and completed systems including incoming raw material analysis MFR.
• Perform process and FSSC internal audits.
• Maintain calibration program.
• Data entry: Enter all QC defect data into (Oracle Scada) database.
• Create, maintain, and publish QC trend analysis reports.
• Involvement NCR (CAR’s) Processing.
• Special Projects as Assigned - Product testing shall be done in accordance with relevant test methods, work instructions, and standards, and standards or specific manuals and through the use of appropriate formulae.
• Conducts quality auditing in slitting, raw materials and base film. Record all audit findings in the Slitting and Production Jumbo Film Auditing forms
• Quarterly assessments of daily duties, spot checks on Oracle entries, Verification of entries as compared to the various log books
Documentation & Inventory:
• Daily slitter report to be completed
• Daily Shift Handover to be completed
• Daily Jumbo reel report to be completed
• Daily logging of process non-conformances to be completed
• Daily CAPA forms to be generated
• Daily packing checks to be recorded
• Daily incoming Raw material checks to be completed and documented
• To Execute the process on shop floor with 5S & safety precaution.
• Monthly 5S audit scores and spot checks