Payroll Consultant with HR functions - Pietermaritzburg
more than 14 days ago
My client, a Cotton Spinning Mill, based in the heart of industrial Pietermaritzburg, is looking to employee an HR & Payroll Officer.
In this position, you will take charge of employee and payroll matters and will be responsible for:
- Executing all payroll activities on VIP
- Preparing job descriptions and and assist in managing the employment process
- Onboarding new employees
- Monitoring employee performance
- Participating in overseeing health and safety issues from an HR perspective
- Organising and participating in disciplinary and grievance hearings
- Ensuring effective communications about issues affecting the workforce
- Managing accurate and proper recordkeeping of employee information
- Assist in negotiations with trade unions
As the ideal candidate you have completed a Bachelors Degree or National Diploma in Human Resources and you have 3+ years working experience in Labour Relations and negotiations while fulfilling a payroll function on VIP. If you have experience in a unionized environment you have made the shortlist.
In return you will work in an independent but supportive environment, earn a market related salary and additional benefits. You will support the newly appointed HR Manager and add value to the overall objective of the company by performing a world class HR function..