PLC Technician - Alberton
more than 14 days ago
03-02-2022 9:10:50 AM
SA Power is looking for a PLC Technician with PLC fault finding and programming background at its Johannesburg branch in Alberton. The ideal candidate must have mechanical and electrical knowledge, good understanding of motion and preferably worked on a softPLC like Codesys motion before.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, manuals and develop all software as per the specified criteria.
- Complete programming projects (PLC, HMI, drives, multi axis, motion programming) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Installation and fault finding of PLCs and controllers.
- Work with the Service Team and assist with on-site troubleshooting as well as PLC / HMI service-related tasks.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures considering corrective action to be taken.
- Revise, modify and repair existing programs for efficiency and upgrades.
- The person in this position will be expected to manage multiple technical projects concurrently for various clients. This includes project coordination and implementation; preparation of project documentation prior to handover; project sign off and handover to the Service Team.
- Maintain customer contact throughout the project and after commissioning.
- Keeping up to date with new technology.
Qualifications and experience
- Grade 12
- Qualification at NQF Level 5/6 or tertiary degree
- Trade Test Certificate will be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years' industrial automation experience
- At least 3 years PLC programming experience is required
- HMI programming experience
- Codesys knowledge will be an advantage
- Strong mechanical and electrical background and good understanding of motion
- Must have experience and knowledge in AC drives and DC Drives, advanced PLC and inverter programming, networking ethernet, Profinet, Ethercat, Profibus, RS232 / RS485.
Key competencies and skills required
- Attention to the detail, whether it is diagnostic testing or working on complex systems
- Solving complex functional or technical problems related to the project
- To be able to modify, update PLC and HMI Interfaces
- Innovative/creative thinking
- Must be able to troubleshoot various equipment in an industrial environment
- Strong practical approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative
- Customer service orientated
- Logical thinking and quality focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional and respectful.
- Applicants must be adaptable to flexible working hours, including being on standby and be able to work overtime when required.