Pricing Actuary - Cape Town
13 days ago
Cape Town and Rosebank
Take a leading role in providing pricing support of retail products for Namibia. Cover pricing across both affluent and entry level / mass market products and will include the full spectrum of investment, risk and retirement products. Work closely with Product Development Managers as well as actively engaging senior management from Namibia, the Namibia Valuations team, Modelling team and Head of Actuarial Function to ensure the requirements of various stakeholders are considered and appropriately addressed.
• Pricing – Determining appropriate pricing basis and performing the pricing calculations in Prophet.
• Reinsurance – Setting up / refining reinsurance structures to match the specific requirements of products.
• Documentation – Writing pricing reports clearly documenting the pricing process, assumptions and results.
• Drive pricing approvals – Engaging a wide range of stakeholders to ensure an efficient approval process.
• Model handover - Supporting the Actuarial valuations and Prophet model development teams with the model implementation of new products.
• Process - Improving the pricing processes of the Product Support team.
• Qualified or nearly qualified (max 2 exams outstanding) actuary
• Experience and knowledge of the Namibian Life Insurance market is preferable
• Product development and/or pricing experience preferable
• Prophet experience is essential 2.8ms