Principal Electrical Engineer
Principal Electrical Engineer (Poles & Towers)X1
Principal Electrical Engineer (Conductors)X1
Principal Electrical Engineer (Protection)X1
Principal Electrical Engineer (Asset Management Systems)X1
Type of Business:
Large Government Trading Enterprise
Salary package: Negotiable up to $175000 per annum depending on experience & qualifications
Benefits: Flexible salary package, Paid parental leave, Flexible working conditions, Generous annual leave, Staff social club, Assistance with further formal study, Relocation & Settlement Assistance for International candidates, Visa Sponsorship.
- BEng Degree (Electrical) – essential, and must be eligible for Professional Engineer membership (MIEAust) with Engineers Australia
- Eligible for Certified Practitioner in Asset Management (CPAM) with the Asset Management Council.
- 15+ years comprehensive and broad experience in the electricity transmission and/or distribution utility industry.
- Specialist asset class knowledge (must be a recognised subject matter expert in one of the asset classes defined above)
- Ability to lead and mentor.
- Project management and business management skills preferred
- Provide professional & technical leadership, continuous improvement and innovation for
best practice asset management
- Schedule, lead and drive the work of a technical team in the section
- Undertake professional development and mentoring of a technical team in the section
- Lead and drive continuous improvement and innovation in the management of the assets
- Demonstrated collaboration with internal and external stakeholders; cross organisational
barriers in the role of sponsor to achieve asset and works program performance objectives.
- Assess and manage the asset risk, obligations and incentives within a regulatory
- Schedule, prepare and justify asset strategies and contribute to the development of asset
- Schedule, prepare and justify prudent and efficient work plans and business cases for
capital expenditure and operations and maintenance expenditure
- Engage in key decision making processes regarding problem solving and optimal technical
solutions for the nominated asset(s)
- Ensures compliance with safety and other regulatory requirements
- Significantly contributes to meeting corporate reliability and network performance targets
- Improve efficiencies in the delivery of projects
- Reduction of corporate business risk associated with asset classes
- Contributes to business revenue targets through prudent and efficient justification of asset
- Influence industry direction and standards impacting the performance of the network and
- Act as a key mentor to other employees and to share best practice standards
Specific Challenges Facing the New Appointee:
- Optimal decision making and problem solving with limited or inadequate data on assets and network performance
- Influencing other areas of the business to deliver work plans to required cost, quality and time.
- Development of technically inexperienced staff
- Optimising performance of the assets in a context of constrained funding.
- Achieving confidence of regulatory stakeholders with respect to management of assets
- Demonstrate a commitment to good customer service by engaging stakeholders and managing customer expectations