Processing Consultant - Sandton
R15 000 – R18 000 pm
The primary focus of your role is to track and process all new claims, chase requirements and general administration within the claims business unit.
Keep your finger on the pulse of the internal service level agreement to make sure that agreed targets and turnaround times are achieved.
Work closely with members in the Individual Life claims team, external stakeholders and may also be involved or interact with other internal teams to resolve a process or activity.
Report to the Head of Claims, who is accountable for the Individual Life Claims functions.
• Self-administration and self-monitoring of workflow items according to agreed SLA per process
• Update the pipeline tracker or any other systems/database on a regular basis to ensure up to date with client accounts.
• Assist with the enhancing processes and activities
• Processing forms, instructions, applications etc. requested by financial advisers for the processes that you participate in
• Deal with queries through to resolution, internally or externally
• Adherence to all quality standards set per process for the processes that you participate in
• Ensure that processes are completed within the required SLA
• Identify and report on service failures and errors
• Provide clients with the organisation's service and product information when required
• Provide input to the effectiveness and soundness of policies and procedures for the processes that you participate in
• Ensure that all correspondence is professional and in line with standards and protocols of the organisation
• Adherence to the processing areas processes and Activity Work Instructions
• Adherence to the organisation’s compliance processes and policies
• Punctual follow-up and feedback on clients’ queries
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Must have passed Grade 12 / Matric with Maths Literacy NFS achievement level 3
• Must be a Graduate from University or Technikon or be studying towards a degree or diploma having completed the first year of studies
• NQF Level 5 Accreditation (broad based knowledge of applicable legislation, economic principles and financial services industry) will be beneficial
• Must have worked in an administrative position
• Sound Business and Operational knowledge of Insurance Industry administrative processes
• Knowledgeable with the use of the CRM system
• Good knowledge of the business administration platforms
• Familiar with Compliance Processes and Procedures in the Insurance Industry
• Familiar with the business products and their rules and workings
• MS Office and PC literate
• Numeracy skills
• Accurate typing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organised and have the right administrative skills
• An analytical mind and above average problem-solving techniques