Procurement Trainee - Somerset West
more than 14 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide a follow-up and expediting function for purchase orders and service requests to minimize impact on cost and operations.
REPORTING TO: Buyer/ Finance Manager
• Assist with issues of stock items.
• Assist with stock takes.
• Be able to relieve the storeman and the buyer at various sites
• Assist with receiving of items at the stores and binning items correctly. Liaise with internal customers when goods are received so that they can collect from the stores
• Communicate with internal and external customers
• Source and procure all low value materials according to specification
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• Ability to converse well in English
• Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
• Computer literate, 2years critical
• Communication skills critical
• Administrative skills, 2years critical
• Strong planning skills and exceeds in executing the plan.
• Strong decision – making skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Matric or equivalent is essential.
• Experience in the technical and / or manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
• 5 Years industry related experiences