PROGRAMME OFFICER - City Of Johannesburg Metro
To administer, implement, and monitor Further Education and Training (FET) subject specific Teacher Development (TD) projects, events, activities in Gauteng province and at Sci-Bono according to specifications and plans in relation to the following subjects:
• Mathematical Literacy
• Technical Mathematics
• Community Education & Training
• Administration of MST- GDE education programmes as listed above and implementation & roll out of MST strategy that focuses on
(a) MST Teaching
(b) MST Resources
• Implement projects in accordance with the Teacher Training Schedule, project plans & designs and specification.
• Ensure that TD training Materials (including teaching and learning support material) are developed according to the specifications.
• To procure for the service/s that are required in projects.
• To recruit, train and place Master Trainers in their respective training venues in Gauteng.
• Liaison with DBE, GDE, head office, MGSLG and district officials for curriculum coordination and alignment.
• Ensure that projects are rolled out according to plans, specifications and allocated budget.
• Implement and document the processes and systems needed to make the programme run effectively.
• Support the establishment and sustenance of appropriate systems, structures, mechanisms, processes and procedure to facilitate the development support and maintenance of the projects.
• Supports and maintain and update information requirements for the purpose of review and reporting, including quantitative and qualitative data.
• Implement the endorsement of all FET Mathematics training packs with SACE.
• Administer the PDP scores after each training and direct them to SACE.
• Assist in the professional development of FET Mathematics teachers.
• Provide ongoing support on the implementation of Professional Learning Communities (PLC) in Gauteng Province to FET Mathematics teachers.
• Managing ± 50 Part time trainers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• An education appropriate bachelor’s degree in Secondary School Mathematics education or equivalent qualifications backed with 5 years teaching experience. Science Education would be an advantage.
• 5 years’ teaching experience in Secondary School Mathematics -compulsory
• 3 years’ experience in Mathematics Education programmes/ projects
• At least 3 years’ experience as an HOD in FET band- added advantage.
• SACE registration- compulsory.
• A sound knowledge of CAPS, RNCS, NCS and another related legislative framework
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A sound knowledge of all major relevant education legislation and policies, particularly those having a direct impact on curriculum, teacher development and assessment.
• Intense knowledge in FET Mathematics and understanding of ICT in Mathematics education
• Good inter-personal relations.
• Problem solving skills.
• Project management –NQF5 will be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical and advanced computer skills.
• Teacher Development
• SACE registration- compulsory
• Valid driver’s license- compulsory