Property Portfolio Manager - Sandton
R500 000 per annum CTC
(excludes Fuel & Performance Bonus)
• Related B.Degree in Property Studies with a minimum of 5 years similar experience with multiple properties/residential estates. (Please provide examples thereof)
• Strong financial and analytical skills (Tertiary financial qualification an advantage)
• Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
• As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g. HOA evenings).
• Excellent Negotiation and Communication Skills and a smile on your face ?
• Ability to provide superior internal and external customer service; strong diplomacy and crisis diffusion skills.
• Mature and responsible; must be able to consistently maintain a professional demeanour.
• Entrenched Property Knowledge & strong work ethic
• Manage HOA/BC relationships as contact for Developer
• Develop and maintain positive relationships between developer and tenants. Be proactive and responsive to tenant’s needs and requests.
• Rental management and accountability for the property revenues and expenses and use sound financial measures to ensure that the budget and financial goals are met.
• Identify and implement opportunities for increasing revenue potential, including proposing and justifying capital improvements to enhance the asset’s value, optimize return on investment, and promote long term financial growth for portfolios. Develop a comprehensive capital improvement schedule for each property.
• Support marketing in achieving occupancy goals by offering superior customer service and relationship management to achieve high renewal ratios by ensuring vacancies/marketable spaces are up to company standards.
• Use and oversee persistent and aggressive collection actions to minimize credit loss, delinquency, and promote high economic occupancy. Follows established Company and legal requirements related to the default proceedings and eviction process.
• Enforce all policies and procedures. Maintain compliance by ensuring all property records are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements and Company policies and/or practices.
• Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolves the issues.
• Conduct routine site inspections to ensure that the physical aspects of the properties meet established standards regarding the grounds, curb appeal, risk management/safety requirements (OSHA), cleanliness, and general appearance, and implement corrective measures as necessary.
• Negotiate with, select and oversee contractors, vendors, and other service providers including proper documentation and monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement. Evaluate all service contracts requirements on an annual basis.
• Lead a team of 3-5 employees (property managers, maintenance technicians, administrative personnel) by conducting regular meetings to review service expectations, brainstorm, problem-solve, etc. Ability to motivate, train/develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Ability to manage staff performance in accordance with company policies, values, and business practices.
• Assimilate and analyse information pertaining to market and economic conditions.