Quality Manager - Pretoria
Main Functions in basic detail
• Overall responsibility for ensuring that the objectives of the Quality Department are achieved
• Responsible for achieving non quality cost target for the company as per annually approved non quality cost target supplied by headquarters. Further Responsible for achieving the customer satisfaction is being met through through a sound quality system aimed at ensuring quality defects, externally & internally, are eliminated whilst quality input costs are within the allowed PPM level, requirements of customer annual quality audits are achieved, ISO TS, ISO140001, Ford Q1 (where applicable) are all achieved in relation to the plant. Any customer quality open points are rigorously followed up and closed whether relating to defective part or customer quality audit requirements.
• Ensuring all activities are aimed at achieving customer satisfaction whilst acting in the best interest of the company
• Must be able to plan, lead, organize & control all personnel under his control.
• Non Quality Costs: Responsible to ensure that non quality cost targets for the company are achieved as annually set up headquarters and General Manager
• Customer satisfaction: Responsible to ensure that customer satisfaction is being met overall. Responsible for reporting customer vision status monthly to headquarters, as well as customer audits and customer requirements (Ford Q1, VW and BMW VDA compliance) are achieved.
• Human Resources within quality department: Responsible for achieving the company labour cost, the company head count, as well as the absenteeism percentage annually according to the approved budgeted/objective value and head count target supplied by headquarters for the company logistics department. Further, Responsible for achieving a well-managed stable work force, adequately trained to perform their functions whilst adhering to all labour relations and investing in the growth of the company through further training of personnel which will benefit both the individual & the company in the long term.
• Special Customer Requirements: Responsible for ensuring that special customer requirements are met and maintained (Ford Q1, VW VDA, BMW VDA, Nissan ASAS, General Motors BIQS)
• Project Launching: Responsible to ensure successful project launching together with supporting departments engineering and/or projects with specific focus on sample submissions and required quality testing.
• Quality Audits: Responsible to conduct Quarterly Internal Systems Audit at plants and ISO 14001 and ISO T/S 9001/ IATF certificates maintained. Achievement of the ISO certifications well as ISO14001.
• Reporting: Responsible to ensure timeous submission to head quarters of quality information on a monthly base - including CGI. Monthly review of quality department work of your subordinates with action plan as well as setup of annual quality audit plan including supplier audits.
• Warranty Claims: Responsible to ensure that annually data is maintained in order to submit warranty cost claim reduction % to customer and/or improvement in technical factor agreements.
• Certified Education in Quality
• Computer Literate (Excel, MS Word)
• Knowledge of and experience in Syspro 6.0
• VDA certified Auditor
• Must have at least 5 years experience in Quality Management
• Must have experience in the Automotive Industry