Receptionist - Table View
4 days ago
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Answering of incoming calls
• Taking messages and emailing them to the relevant staff member where necessary.
• Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
• Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
• Strictly follows all Covid-19 Regulations for staff and visitors.
• Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors to relevant department or employee.
• Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Handling expense claims for EXCO members when required.
• Booking of flights and accommodation for staff when required.
• Facilities management, such as, servicing coffee machines, servicing of fire extinguishers, calling of locksmiths when needed, plant watering, maintenance issues e.g., if a door comes off in the kitchen, the alarm people, parking – liaising with Centre management, security disks for new commers.
• Doing filing when Finance requires assistance.
• Data capturing
In order to be considered for the position, the following requirements must be met:
• Minimum of a matric exemption.
• At least 1 year experience in a similar position.
• Basic excel skills.
• Sound ability to work within a computerised administrative environment.
• Critical administrative skills include good organisational and planning skills as well as problem-solving and time-management skills. Attention to detail is necessary as well as the ability to manage multiple demands.
• Sound numeric skills.
• Sound communication skills in English (both verbal and written). The ability to communicate in another official language will be an advantage.
Work behaviours and Attitudes:
• Customer service ethic with a track record of good customer service and continuous improvement.
• Able to work independently as well as a member of a team.
• Actively seeks feedback, able to withstand criticism and use constructive criticism to improve.
• Highly professional, high personal standards, able to produce work of a high quality.
• Shows initiative.
• Willingness to go beyond the call of duty.