Regional Product Support Manager - Sandton
1.0Mil. ~ 1.5Mil.
10 days ago
URGENT VACANCY: Regional Product (Technical) Support Manager (Engineer)
Type of Industry: Construction Equipment (Earthmoving, Road machinery)
Johannesburg – Sandton (half of work day will be spent traveling)
Salary: Annual salary is around R1.0Mil. ~ R1.5Mil. (Performance bonus is included)
A leading international Motor- and Construction giant is seeking a Regional Product Support Manager for their Southern Africa and African operations. The successful applicant should be a South African national or currently have a work permit for south Africa
Responsible for Product Technical support to cooperate with client’s dealers and Company network to support their customers (major contractors, mining/quarrying customers, rental, government/public tenders, etc.)
• More than 5 Year experience in Construction Equipment Sector like CAT(Barloworld equipment), Hitachi, Komatsu, Volvo(Babcock Africa), Bell equipment etc.
• Technical understandings of Excavators, Wheel loaders and TLBs
Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Support/Technical Support
• Assist all the dealers with technical enquiries and technical problems with machines to resolve product issues.
• Investigate into field information reports to identify notifications of serious problems.
• Determine the cause of problems and submit Field Information Report to factory to assist dealer and provide accurate feedback
• Receive and enforce service bulletin instructions to ensure compliance.
• Provide technical support to dealers (verbal and physical) to ensure products operate continuously.
• Provide technical support to all external customers, and conduct continuous monitoring of service and product quality.
• Perform any ad-hoc projects on request.
• Perform training to delegates on specialized field on predetermined dates.
• Compile up-to-date training material to relevant machines.
• Conduct training to mechanics on technical report writing to ensure efficient reporting to customers.
• Ensure continuous checking of Field Information Report to ensure warranty claims are processed timeously.
• Conduct trend analysis on all warranty claims to identify possible trends in breakdowns
• Act as second judge warranty claims related to the applicable machine group the incumbent is responsible for.
• Consult and respond with dealers & customers’ questions and requests on maintenance and A/S service issues
• Assist the Product Support personnel of Company HQ and Dealers in establishing Business relationship with International Key Accounts and local accounts.
• Support dealer performance evaluations in aspects of Parts business & A/S and organization or updates of dealer business improvement programs.
• Provide Product/Technical Support to Company dealers, customers and Company HQ
• Co-operate the Company Personnel to improve current Dealer’s Capabilities & Capacities by Sharing Ideas & Providing Guidelines relating to dealers’ A/S and Parts business.
• Conduct business trips for Field audits, assessing dealer facilities and accompanying with business travellers from HQ
• Conduct Technical and product trainings
• Other special assignments and duties of a general or unspecified nature as may be required to achieve the overall effectiveness of product support for customers.