Retail Manager DIY/Express Store - Durban
more than 14 days ago
A Steel Manufactuing company is actively recruiting for a retail manager :
To manage and oversee both Express/DIY shops in Durban and Pietermaritzburg branches by leading the Teams; grow the sales; create new opportunities to boost revenues and develop the business to support both our stores. To create a blueprint for a successful DIY model, that could be rolled out for any future opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
1. Manage, Maximize and Measure Sales Performance
• Position the value proposition based on customer and consumer needs
• Lead and execute through the line activations to improve brand & product visibility
• Coach and monitor teams to grow sales by identifying cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
2. Customer Relationship Management
• Build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with all existing and potential clientele
• Manage the customer information (pricing, stock availability etc.) for the stores
• Ensue the teams consistently provide excellent customer service; pro-active assistance and advice;
• Collaborate cross functionally to leverage skill and expertise.
3. Build & develop customer centric capability
• Define customer and consumer needs and embedded capabilities to enhance the customer experience;
• Manage the Teams to continuously improve processes and the customer experience;
• Define and develop learning tools and resources for the Teams;
• Train, coach and mentor the Teams;
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers to understand service requirements;
• Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotions, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
• Identifies opportunities within competitors’ market and work towards improving on benchmarks.
4. Profit and revenue growth management
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Allocate the budget in alignment with business strategy.
• Keep abreast of market trends to determine the need for improvements in the stores
• Analyse sales and revenue reports and make forecasts.
5. Strategic Business Development
• Ensure the store fulfils all legal Health and Safety guidelines
• Conduct stock-takes and implement best practices accordingly
• Grow and expand current range to cater for new business and customer demand
• Ensures top 100 lines are in stock at all times, within agreed parameters.
• Formulate a successful model for the Macdonald Steel DIY Concept.
• Identify areas for potential growth.
• Full SWOT Analysis on current model with recommendations on how to improve.
6. Supplier Relationship
• Conduct regular supplier meeting to discuss pricing, range and quality.
• Ensures deals are in place to attract maximum foot-traffic through DIY stores.
• Supplier evaluations.
• Ensures effective promotions campaigns are running fortnightly/monthly and communicated.
• Engage suppliers for demos, promotions and marketing gear.
• Matric and/or Post Matric qualification (In Retail/Marketing/Business Management)
• High levels of endurance and perseverance
• Ability to spot and respond to opportunities
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage stress and/or work under extreme pressure
• +5 years’ Sales/Customer Service Management experience in the DIY/Retail Market.
• Good Steel and/or other related product knowledge;
• Excellent Customer service centric;
• Results driven and customer focused;
• High level of computer Literacy (i.e. Microsoft suites and working with/interpret Data).