Risk Consultant/Claims Assessor - Sandton
15k – 25k
• Drive the formulation and implementation of the risk model and claims philosophy
• Analysis of claims and other data to recommend and implement changes to the risk model and sanctioning new risk strategies
• Manage relationships and policies with the reinsurers
• Create training material and educate risk consultants on industry trends, standards and risk management skills
• Assist with the definition of operational processes related to risk management.
• Work closely with other business processing teams including policy alterations, underwriting, finance etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Grade 12 / Matric with Biology, Science, English and Mathematics on Higher Grade with a pass mark of no less than 65%.
• Medical diploma will be beneficial
• Minimum 2 years claims experience.
• Understanding of the Individual life insurance product ie Life cover, Permanent Disability cover, Temp Income Cover and Critical Illness
• Ms Office and PC literate
• Numeracy skills
• Accurate typing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organised and have the right administrative skills