Sales Channel Business Development Manager - Boksburg
Area: East Rand
Package: Basic salary R34k per month plus Company Car, Provident Fund (11%), Medical Aid (65%), Guaranteed 13th cheque, Performance Bonus
1. Business development/ Sales Distribution/Category Management experience
2. Industry – open
3. Must have at least 3-5 years’ experience
4. Qualification is a must – Marketing degree
5. Must be highly analytical, go getter, flexible and open minded, highly analytical and take initiative
Purpose of the position: Develop business portfolio focusing on B2C (geographical or segmentation, etc) through the sales of offers (product/service/solution) to Customer (Direct, Indirect, Professional End User, Dealers)
• Gathers information from the customer to understand their needs and detailed requirements.
• Oversees monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback
• Develops/generates new leads by monitoring trends, conducting research, identifying opportunities, cold calling and making appointments.
• Educates and develops rapport with internal and external customers, promoting partnerships, seeking feedback and proactively addressing customer needs and requests.
• Expands customer buying centres and use cases, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring that all customer needs and expectations are met.
• Develops communication and training programs to inform sales and marketing teams of new product launches and changes in organizational strategy.
• Develops processes and procedures to optimize the car dealer channel.
• Understand the needs of the OEM market -> develop customized programs
• Provide SOP’s and SOP Auditing to the car dealer channel
• Develop and maintain partnership agreements to ensure targets are sales targets are achieved
• Develops processes and procedures to optimize account management efforts and ensure sales goals are achieved.
Category Management/ Product Screening Approach
• Bring value to help the franchise by understanding the market that they are operating in (demographics - LSMs, Car market evolution, mix in the mkt etc.) and translate this in to tangible plans to help the franchise manage its inventory, product mix and product and service portfolio.
Dealer Digital Program:
• Valorise all the digital actions that we do for the dealer - GMB, Microsites, social media and how all these actions are bringing value to the franchise in terms of leads generated (extra traffic) conversion, additional sales etc. this is a key part of the calls that the consultant make to the franchisee.
• Develops action plans for targeting leads, converting them into sales (Physical and digital)
• Develops and maintains mid-term plans, this includes market access.
• Gathers and disseminates competitor market intelligence.
• Maintains and updates customer target list.
• Participates in strategic lead generation and development of target markets.
• Identifies new, profitable business potential in specific markets.
• Monitors partnership arrangements to ensure that the objectives of the partnership remain on target.
• Influences various partnerships to meet multiple goals.
• Analyses complex information, identifies patterns and implications; understands that the root cause of an issue may initially appear to be unrelated to the issue.
Product, Service & Industry Knowledge
• Pitches own organization against competition in generic terms.
• Identifies related industries that may have an impact on own industry
• Matches product knowledge to the implicit needs of the customer.
Troubleshoots product related problems.
• Reaches mutually acceptable solutions in straightforward, formal negotiations with internal or external stakeholders (e.g., negotiates with external contractors on straightforward service delivery; negotiates with other departments on cost sharing).
• Selects an approach to negotiation based on an understanding of each party’s interests and priorities.
Customer Value Management
• Develops and executes channel and customer promotions/programs that leverage national brand ideas/thinking and consumer insights to drive increased consumer preference and customer activity.
• Works with sales strategy and planning partners to ensure forecast accuracy, maximization of opportunities and development of plans to deliver against organization’s objectives.
• Identifies business opportunities based on knowledge of clients, markets, products and services.
• Coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the organization.