Security Guard - Uitenhage
more than 14 days ago
The Agriculture division is looking for 2 committed individuals to take up the exciting role of Security Guard, reporting to the Loss Control Manager. The successful candidate will contribute in providing loss control service of a world class standard by ensuring that company assets are protected and safety requirements are adhered to at all times.
The ideal candidate should be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate, have a PSIRA registered grade D certificate and 2 years’ experience in a security company. A code 8 driver’s license with PDP will be advantageous.
• Ensure that the property of the company and the property of employees are protected from theft, fire or other damage.
• Ensure all vehicle entering premises are properly washed before entering and visitor and vehicle register is completed.
• Ensure that staff and visitors adhere to BRC at all times
• Assist in the reporting of safety issues to safeguard employees and the public from injury, nuisance or risks arising from the operation.
• Assist in the implementation of the loss prevention policy by reporting issues in order to minimize economic losses arising from injury, damage, fire, theft and flood.
• Attend to safety near misses that might occur and immediately attend to any incident or complaint that arises.
• Adhere to vehicle and person searches
Critical Skills and Competencies
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good Analytical Skills
• it right first time mind set
• Ability to be team member
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work independently and use initiative
• Quick learner Hands-on approach Must have a passion to succeed and be highly tenacious
• Person who energizes those around him/ her
As Sovereign is an equal opportunity employer, preference will be given to applicants of designated groups, as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Appropriately qualified and experienced individuals should submit a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and a copy ID to the HR Team.
Closing date: 06 June 2022