Senior Assistant Accountant - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
28-02-2022 1:54:20 PM
Kazang Connect is looking for an experienced Senior Assistant Accountant to join our finance team in Cape Town.
This position requires high attention to detail and accuracy, excellent time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to work under pressure and multitask.
You'll be a great fit for our team if:
• You have a passion for numbers.
• You have an adeptness for accuracy and pay attention to detail.
• You are a penchant for problem-solving maturely and calmly.
• You are the kind of person who likes to push things over the line and get things done.
Here's what a typical day might look like for you.
• Preparing month end management accounts and supplementary reports
• Performing month-end balance sheet recons
• Performing monthly salary recon
• Tax calculations
• VAT calculations
• IT14SD preparation
• Ensuring processes across business functions are adhered to for financial information to be accurate and complete
• Ad-hoc merchant reconciliations
• Cashbook processing (as a backup for the bookkeeper)
• Commission calculations
• Expense tracking for BEE compliance
• Daily cashflows
• Stock recons
• Fixed asset register management
• Settlement function (training will be provided)
• Preparing settlement account recon and processing applicable journals
• Reviewing the work of other departments
• Preparing and providing reports to other departments
• Preparing month end journals
• Ensuring that all database documents are updated timeously
• Assisting the Financial Accountant where required
• Any other Ad-Hoc duties as required
To get the job done you'll need to have
• Proven working experience as a Senior Assistant Accountant in the above duties
• A qualification relevant to accountancy would be ideal
What's in it for you:
• Competitive Remuneration Package
• Company Benefits
• Professional Growth
• A company culture that promotes work-life balance
• Birthday Leave
If this position speaks to your experience and you are excited at the thought of working with us, include a 2 – 3-page CV with a cover letter and tell us why you are the best candidate for the role.
Should you not hear from us within 14 days, consider your application unsuccessful.