Senior Business Development Manager - Bedfordview
• Develop a sales boosting strategy to aggressively drive and close sales in both private and public sector thereby promoting Arc Skills Brand.
• Coordinate the sales process (SPANCO) and regularly report on pipeline and ensure all information is up to date.
• Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
• Develop trust relationships with a portfolio of schools and school groups to introduce our new products
• Arrange and present SOAR and Growth X Accelerate offering and secure pilot programmes and ongoing contracts for the delivery of our products across grades within the schools, colleges and universities
• Implement pilot groups with large number of schools, colleges and universities
• Negotiating pricing with client, secure contracts and establish timeline of performance
• Liaise with funders to secure support for programmes to be run and public and under privileged schools, colleges and universities
• Secure buy-in from Public schools to run funded programmes
• Expand the relationships by continuously introducing new product to help to meet their objectives
• Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives through aggressive sales.
• Present the programmes to parent forums and school, college and university audiences as required
• Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
• Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
• Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the client
• Working with teachers, content development, marketing and CEO to ensure the highest quality of service is provided and all client needs are met
• Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with CEO and other stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies.
Qualifications / knowledge:
• Relevant qualification in sales, marketing, business administration, education or relevant field
• Strong commercial and sales background
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
• Superior computer skills, and experience working with CRM type software and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Self driven, identify own targets, get past gate keep with cold call, sell the concept at the appointments
• Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts, tenacity
• Ability to multitask operations and manage more than one client account
• Good Presentation Skills at top level and to large groups (Parents info evenings etc.) and good attention to detail
• Strong market research and sales skills
• Ability to develop and implement business growth strategies
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and overcoming challenges
• Strong English speaker and writer
• Presentable and professional
• Minimum of seven years previous work experience in Key Account Management, Sales & Relationship Management or relevant experience, combined with aggressive selling
• Should have experience in formulating grant funding applications and proposals
• Have a proven track record in securing grant funding for projects in the Education space
• Should have experience working with CSI/ CSR initiatives in the South African market
• Should have experience in coordinating businesses in the Educational NGO/ NPO space
• Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
• Must have exceptional sales skills and a consistent track record in sales conversion success and performance
• Experience working with regulators such as Department of Basic Education would be an added advantage.