Senior Desktop Support Engineer - Bellville
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Ensure calls are recorded in the CRM system, accurately documented and categorised
• Ensure that all the incidents / requests are responded to within required SLA
• Provide telephonic / remote support
• Ensure clients are kept up to date regarding their incidents and requests
• Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems
• Pre-build and setup PCs/ notebooks and systems where required.
• Be responsible for latest security AV as well as all relevant patches.
• 5+ year’s Experience as a desktop support engineer.
• Server setup – including different raid configuration
• Setup and configure Anti-Virus software
• Configure desktop IT hardware and software.
• Setup a Client / Server network with a domain controller
• Problem solving - research problems/solutions and make recommendations as needed
• Good personal time management skills - determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Work independently on routine assignments as well as conducting joint tasks within the team.
• A+ or NET + certification PLUS Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) – non-negotiable
• Microsoft Windows 7/10
• Microsoft Office 365
• Microsoft Server 2008 / 2012 / 2012 R2 skills
• Microsoft Hyper V (Virtualization) experience
• Microsoft Exchange Online
• VLAN and Managed Switches
• Firewall Experience - beneficial
• Own transport
• Live in northern suburbs area or surrounds
• Must communicate well in English and Afrikaans
• South African citizen