Senior Full Stack Developer - Cape Town
Our core technology stack is Laravel 5.3 + VueJS, and we are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer that will be participating in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond. Working as part of a cross-functional and multicultural team, the full-stack developer will play a key role to improve our product line and execute new features or products.
The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind and loves to collaborate with other teams to drive the product forward.
• Make architecture and technology choices for new product features and take real ownership as we continually improve our platform for our users.
• Be accountable for the development environment and ensure that web infrastructure remains stable. Ensure the quality and usability of deliverables.
• Focus on the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
• Write clear code, which is extremely scalable and maintainable along the time and across locations.
• Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting bugs, and improving performance.
• Be able to estimate and communicate project progression, promote appropriate web strategy and execution.
• Staying current with trends in web application development and design and regularly assesses technological processes and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness.
• MSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• 7+ year’s software development experience of web-based applications with PHP, in a competitive environment.
• Excellent knowledge of the Laravel framework.
• Proven track record of successful development of at least 1 PWA.
• Excellent knowledge of Modern Front End Framework ( a huge plus).
• Extensive experience implementing responsive designs which work across platforms.
• Working knowledge of Amazon web services
• Fluent English and good verbal and writing communication skills.
• Working experience in an agile team environment is a big plus.
We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
• Private healthcare
• Half Fridays
• Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!