Senior HR Business Partner - Randburg
more than 14 days ago
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The Senior HRBP will play a team leader role within the team, thus ensuring HR best practice and high quality of HR outputs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Diploma/ Degree in HR Management / Social Sciences
• Sound understanding of Employment Equity Act, Skills Development Act, Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act and all other applicable legislation
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Driver’s License with own/reliable transport
• 5 - 8 years’ experience in a similar role with specific experience in business partnering
• Seasoned HR generalist with experience in working with diverse management teams
• Experience in BBBEE HR elements process and records maintenance elements requirements
• Track record in rendering sound HR advice on complex HR matters and facilitating organisational /team changes
• Track record in management capacity building and guidance towards compliant people management and organisational culture
• Minimum of 3 years Payspace experience
• Extensive experience in discipline and performance management
• Effective at recruitment and onboarding of talent
• 3 -5 years’ experience in people management
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties include the following:
• Conduct weekly meetings / check-ins with respective business units.
• Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
• Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Manager to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
• Champion and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of
employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Collaborate with management to develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
• Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
• Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Completion of skills development reports (WSP and ATR)
• Employment equity (EE consulting), EE committee meetings, developing and maintaining of EE
• Plan and complete EE Reports
• Guide management in counselling employees and engaging in progress consultations •
• Management assistance in drafting charges, assisting with issuing of warning letters)
• Coordinate appeal Hearings • Performance Management (facilitation, addressing Poor Work Performance)
• Incapacity facilitation (facilitation of Ill health, Addiction, and Injury cases)
• Assist management with interpretation and translation of Labour Legislation
• Administer payroll accurate and timeously as per defined timelines
• Personnel Information Management
• Collaborate with management to develop job profiles/descriptions and preparing personal development plans for managers.
• Coordinate PDP and Performance review
• Weekly and monthly submission of HR Metrics
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent communicator internal and external
• Ability to meet conflicting deadlines
• Be flexible and able to work in an ever changing, pressurized environment
• Confidentiality and professionalism
• Ethical and trustworthy
• Engaging and approachable
• Committed to continuous professional development
• Attention to detail
• Proven assertiveness and problem-solving skills
Must comply with all OHS, security and diseases control requirements on company and in client environment as required.
The company reserves the right to add, modify or remove this position at its sole discretion
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.