Senior Inbound Travel Consultant - Westville
The ideal candidate will need to have strong destination / product / selling knowledge and experience on Botswana especially. “The position is responsible for providing quotations and the subsequent travel arrangements for our customers: providing expert, high quality advice, input, recommendations and solutions, tour customers with a service excellence reputation and unique selling proposition (USP).
Our Company Values:
• We develop, grow, motivate and reward people
• We are respectful and value relationships with our people, suppliers, customers and guides and never take credit for efforts that are not our won
• We take responsibility / ownership / accountability / are easy to use and pay attention to detail
• We always offer quality and value
• We want to improve, learn, adapt and not blame
• Our staff have the authority to exceed guest / customer expectations
• We strive for staff satisfaction, happiness and teamwork
• Passionate about delivering wow experiences to our customers and guests
• We have a ‘can do’ attitude and never give up
• We listen, exercise humility, are not defensive and do what we promise
• Have a thorough and intimate understanding of your customer(s), their needs, requirements and market they operate in.
• Understand the price wanted by your customer versus what we are delivering – ensure that the products delivered via our resources are sold to your customer in the most efficient manner.
• Personal conversations (via email, phone) with the customer on a regular basis.
• Immediately inform your Department Manager on any issues or incidents that could affect our business or customer in a proactive solution focused manner.
• Vigorous focus on guest feedback, high level report tracking a positive improvement on a month to month basis. Use this information and feed back to our customer, working on the enhancement of guest experiences every day.
• Resolve customer complaints swiftly and professionally within 24 hours.
• Ensure that our customer is kept abreast of any challenges.
• Adhere to the identified workflow process in order to coordinate the smooth, timeous and efficient delivery of travel arrangements for our guests.
• Provide high quality, prompt and professional service to your customer(s).
• Use Travel Studio fully and effectively, to ensure the most efficient outcomes.
• Report any in-efficiencies or problems you encounter on the systems to your Department Manager and follow through to see a solution.
• Communicate system / product / rate challenges so that they are resolved quickly.
• Take ownership of files and problems and bring solutions to problems.
• Achieve and maintain service excellence –identify specifically per customer their requirements and expectations.
• Maintain profit margins as set out by the General Manager - use preferred suppliers, and best available deals and rates. Negotiate to increase the Company’s margin where appropriate.
• Have a clear understanding of the monetary implications of your customer - consistently monitor whether they are producing.
• Increase quote conversations, by chasing up constantly with your customers on bookings not converted.
• Resolve account queries within the period set out by the Accounts department.
• Travel Studio’s to be finalised within the month - accurately.
• Non-debtors to be invoiced timeously and debtor’s statements to be attended to monthly.
• Avoid errors and write-offs by checking profit reports, reconfirming services, checking confirmations against quotes / tariffs, using outlook calendar for diarising release dates.
• Long, medium and short term planning to ensure that all reasonable internal and external customer deadlines are met, with attention given to planning around peak booking periods.
• Work with your Department Manager to put a calendar plan in place and to track work being done accordingly.
• Dynamic management of your workload and resources to ensure best productivity is achieved.
• Travel Studio used as a tool to continuously improve delivery and efficiencies.
• Maintain excellent relationships with your customer(s) and grow new business from existing business by providing quality service.
• Pro-actively provide ideas and information.
• Intervene, on your customer(s) behalf, to ensure that they are given the best possible options and solutions from suppliers and 3rd parties.
• Maintain the highest quality of written and verbal communication with your customer(s). Send updates and feedback. Grammar and tone to be of a high and professional standard.
• Complaints to be resolved swiftly and professionally.
• Feedback to your customer(s) on the progress of their guests on the ground.
• Ensure that your customers; Department Manager and Customer Success Manager are kept abreast of any challenges and / or problems.
• Establish and maintain respectful, positive, confident and effective communication and relationships with people at all levels, both internal and external, and ensure that you deliver what you promise.
• Be part of a harmonious and effective team through diplomatic handling of disagreements and potential conflict.
• Channel problems and complaints correctly.
• Maintain a positive attitude and always respect your colleagues.
• Working as a team to handle daily workload and accomplish goals.
• Maintain and apply ethical business practices.
• Visibly living (talking, displaying, way of life) our company values and using our 5 keys in all conversations (interactions) and decision making.
• Embrace change and continually practice self-learning for your own development and improvement.
• Continuously learn and practice skills that will contribute to improvement in your role.
• Look for continuous feedback about your own performance through both formal and informal communication with your manager and others.
Minimum Qualification required by the position:
• Grade 12 (essential)
• Related Travel & Tourism Qualification
Minimum Experience and Skills required by the position:
• Minimum 3 years’ related Tourism background
• Solid geographical knowledge of South and Southern Africa
• Experienced in touring, travelling and selling South and Southern Africa
• Strong sales skills and the ability to demonstrate this
• Creative, out of the box thinker
• Effective Problem Solving
• Research, Analysis and Rationalisation
• Reservations Systems
• Change Management
• Time Management and Organisational
• Excellent Computer Skills–Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
• Strong verbal communication skills –a clear and confident speaking voice
• Excellent written and literacy skills – attentive, descriptive, professional and sales orientated
• Logistical planning skills to encourage sales, itinerary planning for our customers as the experts on South and Southern Africa
• Believing and living our Company values
• Passionate about the tourism industry, our Company, our customers and guests
• Have the initiative to both learn and source information, new concepts and innovative ideas / planning that will close the sale
• Provide high quality and professional services
• Strong team player
• Ability to cope with working in a high-paced environment
• Pays attention to detail
• Is career driven
• Ability to work well and accurately under pressure
• Smart, driven, likable, knowledgeable and lucky