Service Desk Technician - Pietermaritzburg
A global telecoms firm is urgently seeking an experienced Service Desk Technician.
Minimum requirements include but are not limited to the following:
• Networking Qualification or N6 National Diploma for technicians
• Must be qualified to at least one of the following levels of Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) or Microsoft certified solutions associate (MCSA) or Fortinet certified network security administrator (FCNSA) or Red hat Certified system administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent
• 2+ years of ICT/Telecoms sector service desk support experience.
• Have worked with Service desk tools and Incident/Problem/Request processes.
• Knowledge of OSI Model, IP routing, L2 & L3 VPNs.
• Some hands-on experience on Billion, Cisco, Juniper, ADVA and Mikrotik devices
• Understanding of MetroE Networks, Broadband Networks & Transmission Networks
• Understanding of Network Management Systems.
• Familiar with working on Windows 2003/Windows 2008, or Linux based distributions (preferably within a hosting environment
• Proactive approach to problem solving.
• Extraverted/Outgoing nature.
• Ability to communicate with a wide audience, at all levels in the organization.
• Good English language written and verbal skills as a minimum.
• Passion for technology and cutting-edge solutions.
• A real desire to help people: Solution provider Not a support provider.
• Wireless knowledge, advantageous
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Customer driven.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Dealing with, and responsible for, inbound customer requests
• Managing ticket queue and updating information
• Ensure services are provisioned and cancelled per procedure
• Assist with set-up/ modification and basic troubleshooting
• 1st line troubleshooting of service related issues
• Ultimately delivering quality service as relates to providing solutions and customer support
Location: Pietermaritzburg, KZN